Come out and enjoy this 10K loop around downtown Victoria and Dallas Road. The TC10K start line is at Government and Belleville Street between the Empress Hotel and the Provincial Legislature.
- 19 & Under
- 20 - 24
- 25 - 29
- 30 - 34
- 35 - 39
- 40 - 44
- 45 - 49
- 50 - 54
- 55 - 59
- 60 - 64
- 65 - 69
- 70 - 74
- 75 - 79
- 80 - 84
- 85 - 89
Athletes With Disabilities
Both competitive and recreational wheelchair athletes are invited to participate in the TC10K. Competitive wheelchair athletes will start 5 minutes before the elite athletes at 7:55 am. Recreational Wheel chair athletes are asked to start with the 1.40+ pace group.
Visually Impaired Athletes
The TC10K is proud to offer to its visually impaired participants both a separate visually impaired results category and the option of an early start. Participation in the new category and the early start, as opposed to competing within their regular age groups and starting seeded at their regular pace time, are both completely optional.
All participants who identify as visually impaired, whether participating in the new category or not, will be provided with a free entry for their guide and the option of starting the race at 7:55 am. Bibs identifying VI runners and guides are available for use and we recommend their use for both early and main-field starts. Bibs can be picked up at the race package pickup.
Our concern for runner safety is paramount. Therefore, we request that all runners who are slower than those around them stay to the left of the course as much as possible, obey the instructions of course marshals and provide their fellow runners with an easy method of passing.
The TC10K will once again host a number of elite athletes from around the world.
A limited number of elite entries are available on a complimentary basis. Please note that our elite program offers complimentary registration only, and does not cover travel and other expenses except in the case of current course record holders and runners who have 1st place finishes overall (per gender) in other 10K races over the past 12 months. Each application for our elite program is considered on an individual basis. Travel expenses costs have limited availability so please apply early if you intent to request travel cost reimbursement.
Registered elite athletes agree to allow The Times Columnist 10K to announce their participation at the event’s discretion using all media outlets in print, online, social media etc. Registered elite athletes also agree to conduct media interviews regarding their participation in the race as requested.
Travel, accommodation and complimentary entries will be limited and decisions will be made at the sole discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
Elite Athlete Qualifying Standards
Our elite program is designed to attract top of class runners to The Times Columnist 10K. Elite runners must qualify using the criteria below and contact our elite coordinator before April 22nd, 2019.
- Open men 32:00
- Open women 37:00
- Master men (40+) 36:00
- Master women (40+) 41:00
- Prize money will be given in the following categories this year: Overall, Canadian Resident, Island resident, Masters and top overall M/F Juniors (19 and under).
- For the 10K there is a course record prize of $1,000 for both male and female.
- Prize money awards are equal for men and women.
- A review of the results will occur prior to the awards ceremony and prize money disbursements.
- The awards ceremony will begin at 10:00 am; winners are requested to be present to receive their awards.
- Prize money will be distributed to the top 3 runners overall in the TC10K in the above categories.
- The top Canadian male and female will each receive $500.
- Prize money distribution is based upon gun time results for overall and Masters Division.
- Decisions of the race referee and jury of appeal are final and cannot be contested.
- Masters Division competitors are defined as 40 years old and older.
– A resident of Canada for the 12 months prior to the race.
Vancouver Island Resident
– A resident of Vancouver Island for the 12 months prior to the race.
|Overall Men & Women|
|Canadian Resident* M/F|
|Vancouver Island Resident* M/F|
|Masters Division* M/F|
|Top Jr 19 years old|
*Elite athletes can win prize money in Overall, Canadian Resident and Vancouver Island Resident categories.
TC10K Charity Pledge Program 2019
The TC10K is proud to support our charity community. In 2019, the TC10K has seven very deserving charities in our program.
Not registered in the race yet?
Note: If you are a team captain and have not yet registered your team with the event you need to do so before your Team Members can join your team. So click here to make your sign up a team.
- Register Online
- When registering be sure to select the checkbox on the first step of the registration form that says
“I would like to learn more about setting up a fundraising page for this event.”
- Complete your registration and you will receive an email with the 3 easy steps to creating your fundraising page!
Already registered in the race?
- Login to your RaceOnline account or Create a RaceOnline account by clicking here.
- Once logged in, click on the FUNDRAISING button associated with your TC10K registration.
- Follow the 3 easy steps to creating your fundraising page!
Promoting your fundraising page
Once you have finished customizing your fundraising page you can promote it to your social networks using the email and social media tools displayed on your fundraising page.
Nordic Pole Walking
Nordic pole walkers are welcome in the TC10K, but we ask that you read the rules in our FAQ section to ensure we keep yourself and others safe. The start area can be very crowded and we want to ensure everyone gets off to a great start.
For more information about Nordic Pole Walking in the TC10K, please contact us!